Today Suffolk Conservatives launch their manifesto outlining their pledges to the County if they are returned with a majority on 4th May 2017.
Suffolk Conservatives are proud to have led Suffolk County Council for the last four-year term, ensuring that vital services are retained and keeping tax as low as possible.
Since the residents of Suffolk elected the Conservatives to run Suffolk County Council in 2013 here are some of there key achievements
· Suffolk Schools have gone from 60% ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ rating by OFSTED to an amazing 90%. This means that 9/10 children in Suffolk now have access to the highest standards of education thanks to the tireless work of Suffolk’s Conservatives. We are now ranked in the top half of all authorities in the country for GSCE results.
· In 2016 Suffolk Conservatives renewed more than 300 miles of roads across the county after an investment of an additional £10 million. We implemented an online reporting system for potholes which has seen over 70% of customers move online where they can receive updates on works, greatly decreasing the response time
· Suffolk Conservative have lived up to their pledge of freezing Council tax since the last election, meaning that the residents of Suffolk are not paying a penny more than they did in 2010. That’s a 7- year freeze! In this manifesto Suffolk Conservatives pledge to keep council tax to an absolute minimum.
· 10 new state of the art care homes have been build ensuring that we will be able to provide the highest standards of care for our elderly residents into the future
· We have worked closely with our MP's to secure two nationally significant and vitally important projects in the Upper Orwell crossings and the Lake Lothing third crossing in Lowestoft.
These are but a few of many great achievements over the past four years.
If elected on the 4th May Suffolk Conservatives pledge to
· Keep council tax to an absolute minimum
· Invest £250m in road maintenance and new highway infrastructure over the next 4 years
· Repair 1,000 miles of roads - a quarter of the county's network
· Invest £1billion on caring for Suffolk's elderly residents.
· Work towards 100% of Suffolk’s Schools being ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding.
· Create 180 apprenticeships over the next two years.
These are just a few of the pledges which can be found in the Manifesto
Conservative leadership delivers. We are proud of our strong stewardship of Suffolk. If we form the administration in May 2017 we will continue to work in the best interests of all who live and work in our county.
Vote Conservative on 4th May.
|Manifesto 2017.pdf||1.79 MB|